If you had to pick, would it be the 20mm 1.7 Panasonic or the 25mm 1.4 Leica?

Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,918Gear list
Like?
Re: I've had both...
In reply to hello world, Jan 20, 2012

Here the GX1 plus usual kit lens is in stock now, but not the GX1 plus the new kit Zoom. I'm looking at online dealers who ship you the goods in 3-5 days when they have it in stock. With preorder things can take a long time : up to two months for the new Olympus 45mm F1.8. More for the E-P3 (I wanted a white one).

hello world wrote:

I see the same here..... US people are lucky to get all their (already expensive) m43 stuff at such low prices Is the GX1 already for sale there; meaning you can go into a shop and buy it, instead of putting a pre-order that will arrive 'somewhere in the 'future'? Since we are basically neighbors, it shouldn't take too much time for sales to start here........

rrr_hhh wrote:

Here the G3 costs approximately 700.- CHF, but was launched at 900.-CHF this summer. The GX1 cost about 770.- CHF for the kit with the same zoom as the G3, but much more for the kit with the X zoom : 930.- CHF. ( one Euro = 1.20-1.25 CHF) Those prices include a VAT of 8%.

May be that what you are offered is the version with the usual kit zoom

Usually, Panasonic comes with an international warranty of one year. They should respect that at least, if not the European warranty of two years.

hello world wrote:
Here = Hungary....
Waiting for the GX1 as well.... they will release it (maybe) in March....

Anyway the lenses are very expensive here, and Panasonic Hungary doesn't give service/warranty to anything bought outside of Hungary... Panasonic follows a very strange pricing path here.... e.g. the GX1 will cost here only €500,- as release price, nearly same as G3 (€470,-)

rrr_hhh wrote:

Where is your here ? The 25mm is relatively new here too and Panasonic isn't very good at distribution. I ordered mine from the US and spared a lot compared to here. Shipping and custom fee plus the 8% VAT added 20% to the price, but it was still cheaper than what it would have costed here. It may not be the same in the Eurozone, given the sunk of the Euro and the higher VAT.

hello world wrote:

they only sell 20mm here, impossible to get 25/1.4 here anyway makes life easy.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
20mmNew
20mmNew
20mmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow