ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yanko Kitanov
Senior MemberPosts: 2,639
Like?
K-5 RAW - colors
Jan 20, 2012

Hi,

I was experimenting all evening long and I can't get any K-5 DNG or PEF file opened in a program other than the Pentax DCU to match the colours in DCU. I tried DxO Pro Elite 7.1, Phase One C1 Pro 6.3.3 x64, the latest ACR, the 4 beta of LR, Silkypix DS Pro 5 and 4, Rawtherapee and on MAC the Raw Photo Processor (RPP).

All these fine programs have their Pros and Contras, but what I need is not to find which is better, but to find how to match the colours produced by Pentax DCU.

ACR gets much better if used with a DNG and with the embedded in the RAW file camera profile and not the default Adobe profile. C1 Pro is way off used with both K-5 Generic and K-5 Generic 2. RPP is very good, but I have to keep a virtual machine with a MAC on it inside my Windows just for it...

yes - my monitor is colour calibrated, and yes - I tried different working spaces....

From the samples I tried so far I can say that generally all the convertors besides DCU have a a bit more greenish rendering.

By the way - switching between sRGB and Adobe RGB in DCU gives me quite different results too with the AdobeRGB being much less saturated..I am using a wide gamut monitor that supports AdobeRGB.

Where is my mistake, or what do I miss?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow