K-5 RAW - colors

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
K-5 RAW - colors

Hi,

I was experimenting all evening long and I can't get any K-5 DNG or PEF file opened in a program other than the Pentax DCU to match the colours in DCU. I tried DxO Pro Elite 7.1, Phase One C1 Pro 6.3.3 x64, the latest ACR, the 4 beta of LR, Silkypix DS Pro 5 and 4, Rawtherapee and on MAC the Raw Photo Processor (RPP).

All these fine programs have their Pros and Contras, but what I need is not to find which is better, but to find how to match the colours produced by Pentax DCU.

ACR gets much better if used with a DNG and with the embedded in the RAW file camera profile and not the default Adobe profile. C1 Pro is way off used with both K-5 Generic and K-5 Generic 2. RPP is very good, but I have to keep a virtual machine with a MAC on it inside my Windows just for it...

yes - my monitor is colour calibrated, and yes - I tried different working spaces....

From the samples I tried so far I can say that generally all the convertors besides DCU have a a bit more greenish rendering.

By the way - switching between sRGB and Adobe RGB in DCU gives me quite different results too with the AdobeRGB being much less saturated..I am using a wide gamut monitor that supports AdobeRGB.

Where is my mistake, or what do I miss?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow