Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Joesiv
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,349Gear list
Like?
Re: Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700
In reply to REBlue, Jan 20, 2012

+1

Anyone is free to purchase whatever they wish, if they can afford it.

Actually, people on these forums are often the reason for people making the choices they do. Simple questions like, "I want to take pictures of my nephew playing ice hockey, what camera should get?", "I want to take pictures of my kids inside without flash", etc...

People on these forums would all point to higher end cameras such as the D700, or even the D3S if cost wasn't an issue. There is no graduated licensing for owning camera equipement. And Nadia actually is in good shape because she doesn't have to have buyers remorse for only having a low end point and shoot trying to shoot in dim hockey arenas. She already has the tools to do the job, the only thing standing in her way is practice.

On the other hand, I can see professionals being intimidated by amateurs having equipment on par with them. In some markets the professionals are "protected" from consumers buying the equpment, however photography in general isn't like that.

Now with the digital age, and consumer driven demand for all this technology getting better and cheaper, the whole professional market place is in flux, and getting flattened out. For pros out there, don't be like Kodak, adapt to the times, find a way to remain competitive! Beit in your services, product, quality, or other edge.
--
Cloverdale, B.C., Canada
Nikon D700, Panasonic L1, Olympus e-510
http://www.joesiv.com

Joesiv's gear list:Joesiv's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus E-510 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow