Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lucas_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,863Gear list
Like?
Disappointed
Jan 20, 2012

Yesterday I put all my photo gear on the dinning room table, the idea was to choose some stuff I don't use any more and put it for sale. I picked four lenses, a flash gun and a teleconverter. To photograph them I used my A900 with a Minolta 50/1.7 and attached a Sigma EM-140 DG Ring Flash ( excellent combo ). After the shooting, I've decided to try the ring flash on my A55 and although trying my best, it just didn't work with any camera PASM selection or flash set up ( the shutter button wouldn't fire ). It seems that the flash, like older Sigma lenses, isn't compatible with SLT's! I then checked Sigma's website and their compatibility charts for that flash don't have any SLT's...!

Now I have another problem: I've finally ordered an A77, to replace the A900 ( I hardly use it nowadays ) but now I wonder... I don't think the EM-140 flash will work with it the A77 either!

Sorry for the long tale, but I'd just appreciate to have comments on the issue. It doesn't seem there are many users here for that flash, though.
Thanks

...Lucas
--
Always having fun with photography ...

http://www.lucaspix.smugmug.com/

Lucas_'s gear list:Lucas_'s gear list
Minolta DiMAGE A1 Sony RX100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 +33 more
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow