Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
maxeythecat
Regular MemberPosts: 324Gear list
Like?
Re: I love this thread......
In reply to warriormouse, Jan 20, 2012

warriormouse wrote:

maxeythecat wrote:

A few more shots from my feline five-pack....think I'm starting to like the new camera...

oh nice shots all Maxey, cheers for posting

but I can't help but wonder, who would win a faceoff between Angus in the shot with his tounge poking out, and Opala with her toothy grin??

thanks again for posting, expecially enjoyed the variety of facials in this these shots

That's a very good question, considering that Angus is actually Opala's daughter. It's a long story but in a nutshell, I found Angus one morning in the middle of the carpark behind the place I was living at the time. Mama Opala had been abandoned by her "loving" owners when she was just 8 weeks old and by the time we became aquainted with her she'd been living as a feral for more than 3 years. Like all female kitties in her situation, she was pretty much "barefoot and pregnant" since she'd been old enough to breed but due to her living conditiions I really don't think very many of her kittens survived past infancy. Needless to say when I found Angus that Sunday morning it was sort of a no brainer for me to pick her up and bring her home....two months later, Opala joined her baby and well...as they say the rest is history.

One thing that's truly remarkable about Opala is how incredibly affectionate she is. Her life as a feral was pretty horrific.....the neighborhood kids would try n' run her down with their bikes, they threw rocks at her, tried to string her up by her tail...one group of kids even tried setting her on fire when they'd had her trapped in a bush with her litter of kittens. Every sort of cruelty that you can think of was thrown her way but despite all of that she's probably the sweetest most loving cat that I've ever met....even now as I write this, she's sitting on my shoulder, purring in my ear n' patting me with her paw. We adore her as much as she adores us and it really does the heart good to know that we were able to give both she and her kitten the life they truly deserve.

maxeythecat's gear list:maxeythecat's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A230 Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A57 Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow