Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluesteel108
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Torn Between X Pro 1 and Full Frame
Jan 20, 2012

I'm in a dilemma and maybe you guys can help me out. I'm deciding between the new Fuji and a Canon 5d Mark II. If we can assume that the Fuji's price is in the same ballpark (maybe a bit cheaper), that the AF isn't as bad as the X100, and that the image quality is great, what would you go with? I'd be doing mostly travel and portrait photography (probably just go with a 50mm for either). And my budget can't fit a D700 or the newer models coming out soon.

I'm mostly worried about the Fuji's DOF compared to a real full frame. Although with my X100 I've been perfectly happy with its shallow DOF although it's obviously at a fixed 35mm. Even though the Fuji's resolution and low noise will probably kick butt, based on early samples, does a full frame's DOF make enough of a difference to warrant considering it?

To me, the biggest drawbacks to the Fuji is the APSC sensor in terms of DOF, not as good AF, lower battery life, slower performance, less options/lenses, etc. On the plus side, it's compact, psychologically unobtrusive, and probably better, again, in terms of image quality and low noise.

What do I do? Ahhh!! lol

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
5DIiNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow