ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aesmith
Regular MemberPosts: 239
Like?
Third Party Flash for Nikon D80?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi,

I'm not specifically asking for recommendations, although those would be welcome. What I'm really after is guidance on what Nikon specific features are particularly valuable that I should be looking for in a third-party product. That way I can ask the right questions of the actual supplier.

I want to be able to use the flash remote from the camera, using the built-in "commander" function that I understand my D80 has. Also I want to be able to use the TTL flash metering. The flash will be used both as main light source in the conventional flash manner, but I also want to be able use it for fill to balance natural light.

Basically I want a decent flash, and reading stuff like Ken Rockwell was leading me towards an SB-600 ..... but I got a bit of a shock seeing the price. That leads me to wonder what I'd lose by buying something like Jessops own brand for £80 instead of Nikon for £250.

Thanks in advance, Tony S

Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow