HELP- Bowen, Henson & Elinchrom? Confused, am I missing something new?

Started Jan 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OBelle
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
HELP- Bowen, Henson & Elinchrom? Confused, am I missing something new?
Jan 19, 2012

Hi, I am interested in building up a lighting kit in stages that is made by reputable brand, flexible and has reliable stable colour.

Considering Bowens (Gemini Pro kit) it's within budget can be used with mains and with a battery pack. Travelpak looks to good to be true, even though I understand that it has limited shots per charge. Love this flexibility.

My main concern is that I have no experience with Bowens so I am also considering Hensel and Elinchrom. I cant get a read if they also have systems that can be used with mains and battery packs??

Previously I have always hired lighting for client shoots and have built that into my budget. I have experience with Profoto and Broncolor.

I want to firstly buy 2 lights (hence the budget of around €1500) and then add additional lights and a portable battery in 4 to 5 months.
Requirements:
Flexible use both in studio and on location
Multivoltage
Good selection of accessories that can be added at a later date
Quality and flexibility are key as I want to grow my lighting kit.

Currently I am living in a location that requires me 2 to 2.5 hr drive each way to firstly pick up rental lights and secondly make an addition trip to return them. In total around a 10hr trip!
I decided to finally purchase lighting and build up a kit.

I predominately shoot fine art photography but also do portraits and interiors commercially.
I would greatly appreciate your advice, experience and wisdom!
Thank you

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow