Started Jan 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photofreestyle
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon P7100...few pics.
Jan 19, 2012

Just got the Nikon P7100 last Friday. I had a hard time deciding on it, or the G12. Being a Nikon user for 20 years, the thought of buying a Canon kinda disturbed me! I do know that Canon's P&S cameras are way superior to Nikons, and thats why I was going to get the G12. After locating a store here in Dallas that had them both in stock ( and charged up), I decided to go and see which one I was going to buy. I took for GF with me for her un-biased opinion as she is brutally honest. So I get them both in my hand. The G12 feels a little bit better in my hands than the P7100, and liked the swivel screen over Nikon's ( liked that the G12's LCD can be protected, and the Nikons LCD is always exposed). The layout on both cameras were very good, but really liked the extra dial on the front of the Nikon. So far, I am liking the G12 better. Im playing with the Nikon, and my GF is playing with the G12. We swap, and now I have the G12, and the first thing I noticed was that the AF was considerably slower on the G12, and my GF pointed that out as well, before I had even mentioned it. Also noticed it wasn't as accurate as the P7100. After that, I decided to get the P7100. So far, I am loving it. Really good images out of the camera. Here is a few pictures of my GF engagement ring. I took these to check out the spot metering, and to see how it did. These are straight out of the camera, only thing I did is crop them. They were shot on the 3MP setting, and basic JPEG.

Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow