Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
alan54g
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700
In reply to Nadia373, Jan 19, 2012

Wow I just don't get it. I shot hockey for years and I never shot any higher than 250th a sec. I shot with flash always. Sometimes I shot with a 300mm2.8 w/1.6 tele converter which put it to 480mm hand held. My pics had to be sharp or people wouldn't buy them.

The part I don't get is that you are shooting at 250/sec and only 70mm. This photo should be more frozen and sharp without too much trouble. It looks like the photo you supplied to us is out of focus and camera shake as well. You have to really bare down and concentrate hard on your subject and fallow your subject like no tomorrow. Hockey is really hard to get onto.

What I described above when I shot hockey. I shot nearly 100 percent vertical which is really hard to develop. I went for close ups with no cropping needed. It was very hard to learn and this was in the film days where every shot cost me about 40 cents each...Ouch. Learn quick!
Good luck.

Nadia373 wrote:

I thought you would like to see a picture. Thank you for all your help.

alan54g's gear list:alan54g's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow