ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScYcS
Regular MemberPosts: 441Gear list
Like?
So i became i K-5 owner....kinda accidently
Jan 18, 2012

So, just wanna pop in and say "hi"....

I sold my Nikon gear just a couple of days ago (D90 with 35mm prime, 18-105mm and 70-300mm and sb600 flash) to make a System change to Sony. Yes, Sony. I handled the SLT-A65 from a friend and was impresssed with not only the picture quality but all the included features. I once had a A200 back a couple of years ago but went Nikon soon after.

I don't want to go into the reasons for changing systems here (VR issues and lens quality but i don't wanna go into detail or make this a thread where a flame war starts about Nikon or system changes in general), but anyways, i went to buy myself a Sony SLT-A65 today and went into my friendly local camera store and while i was waiting for them to deal with other customers, i handled the Pentax K-5.

My Wife already shoots with a K-x, so i kind of know Pentax a little from the menu structure and all.

Long story short, i left the store with a K-5, the 18-55mm WR kit lens and the 55-300mm lens, as opposed to the SLT-A65. The camera was so ergonomic in my hands, the menu structure just made sense to me and looking over it all, the K-5 has all the features i wanted in the A65, sans articulated screen, so i think i actually walked out with a better camera than i thought.

Yeah, so....well, "Hi".

ScYcS's gear list:ScYcS's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-x Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow