Forum ProPosts: 13,758
Like?
Re: Oh really?
In reply to Mike Fewster, Jan 18, 2012

Mike Fewster wrote:

Ron Parr wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

Ron Parr wrote:

The 16mm 2.8 has issues that are measurable and quantifiable, and these things have been measured and quantified by sites such as photozone.

As you well know and repeatedly refuse to consider, the issues quantified by Photozone related mainly to the edges. This is an issue relating to wa and flange distance. It was addressed in the later Nex models by adjusting the microlenses.In mft they use lots of in camera correction to addres the same issue with these wa lenses. If you must continue with this line, you are either writing from ignorance or with the intention of trolling. If you wish to discuss the current performance of the lens, why not have a look at the many images that have been posted here with that lens and the 5n and indicate the shortcomings you wish to point out.

Oh please... You think that the 16mm has sharp edges on the 5N and that anybody who thinks otherwise is a troll?

Not what I said at all and again I think you know it. I referred to your citing of of the Photozone tests and your insistence on quantifiable data. You know exactly why citing that test is no longer adequate but you continue to make these statements without qualification. I'd suggest that is what makes them trolling. If you want to discuss edges on the 5n, that's different and we can all discuss any of the images posted here taken with that camera and the lens in question that you choose - because that is the evidence we can all access and share. No objection at all to anyone with different opinions and conclusions, but knowingly misusing evidence is a different matter.

You seem to be reinforcing my original interpretation of your comments.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow