Started Jan 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bjsolheim
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Eos utility - continuous shooting possible? - also video question
Jan 18, 2012

I'm involved in a research project where the aim is to photograph/video record the movement of some tiny (0.7mm) aquatic animals. I am faced with the problem of resolution vs depth of field vs required high fps rate, and I am trying to find a camera/video solution that is controllable from a pc. I've came across EOS utility and have contacted Canon. Unfortunately their representative did not know the answers to my questions, so now I try here.

With Eos utility:
Still images:

• Is it possible to trigger sequences with continuous shooting from a pc? Can it continue as long as the buffer in the camera allows at the maximum fps allows by the camera? and preferably, can the images be recorded directly to the pc harddrive in continuous mode?

Video:

• Is it possible to trigger recording of full HD video directly from the pc? From reading a forum post, it appears the recording button has been removed, but I am unsure whether this means the function is no longer supported in the software.

Other:

Are anyone aware of other solutions that allows remote operation of a camera/video camera (any make) from a pc? At the moment I'm not sure if full HD video will be of sufficient resolution to complete the objectives of the research. Ideally I would like to record 30 fps with 4-5 MP resolution AND be able to operate this from a pc. I would be most grateful if anyone knows of any hardware that fulfills these criteria.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow