Are there adapters for using Nikon/Canon/Sony/etc lenses on my Pentax K-x?

Started Jan 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pentaxfun
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Are there adapters for using Nikon/Canon/Sony/etc lenses on my Pentax K-x?
Jan 17, 2012

So, I recently bought a m42 screwmount to k-mount adapter to be able to use old pentax lenses on my Pentax K-x, in order to broaden the amount of lenses I have to choose from.

However, this got me wondering...

Are there also any adapters out there that would let me use the lenses from other camera brands, like Nikon or Canon, or Sony, or Panasonic, or Olympus, or Samsung?

And if there are, are the adapters for the brands I listed in the previous sentence all ones that have a lens-element in the adapter for all of those, or, would some of those brands only need a non-lens-elemented adapter to work on Pentax K-mount?

That would be pretty awesome if there are adapters that would allow me to open up a whole entire camera brand lens lineup to use on my K-x!

I'm assuming the answers are no, there aren't any, for any of the lens brands I asked about, since I'm a huge pessimist, and tend to just naturally assume that anything which would be super cool and fun is like, not going to actually exist, since, life is normally supposed to be all about dreams being shattered etc, lol, so, obv I'm like 99% sure there isn't such a thing, since that would just be wayyyyy too cool and awesome and fun. But, in the 1 in a zillion chance that there are adapters that would allow such a thing, I figured I would ask just in case!

Pentax K-m (K2000) Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow