Started Jan 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Poncer
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Hoya vs Kenko filters
Jan 17, 2012

I recently ordered a 77mm Hoya Ultra-Violet - UV High Quality Glass Filter. When I opened the box, what I found instead was a Kenko "high quality" digital UV filter, in a cheap plastic box. When I took the filter out, the sealing O ring was not even sealed correctly in the filter assembly.

I called the seller (Best Price Photo), explaining the situation. THey informed me that Hoya had been purchased by Kenko and that all Hoya filters are now made by Kenko. I said that what I ordered was clearly stated as a Hoya filter on their web site and even the order said it was a Hoya filter. They are investigating and having a customer service rep get back to me, but I'd like to be prepared for the conversation with accurate information, if anyone knows the status.

Please let me know if you know anything about this situation and also if I should accept the Kenko or perhaps cancel the order and go with a B&W filter. I own 7 canon lenses, 4 of them L's

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow