We need an FF EVIL.

Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,282
Like?
Re: We need an FF EVIL.
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Jan 17, 2012

Louis_Dobson wrote:

I think there are two ways you can use mirrorless, either to make a gonzo sports camera using PDAF AND CDAF focusing off the sensor, and, quite separately, to make an M9 killer.

I think we'll see an FF of each type. There are three major makers with an interest in this. For the dSLR replacement, Canon have the motivation, Nikon the technology, while Sony have gone the SLT route. So my money is on either Nikon or Canon.

For the M9 killer, Sony have said they could get an FF sensor into a NEX7. Nikon - I just have a feeling they are on it.

So, I don't know!

Selfishly, I want an M9 killer from Nikon. I have the lenses... The Uber dSLR I don't need or want.

Sony hasn't done anything I consider "Innovative" since the inception and issue of "Betamax" and "Trinitron".

Even the semi-transparent mirror thing isnt NEW, it just hadn't been used for a long time.

Same goes for Canon.. The last "Innovative" things they did were a "True Pro Grade Camera" and the "Digital Rebel".

Nikon OTOH has introduced "on sensor PDAF" which IS an innovation.. The 1 series is innovative, and it came from Nikon.

I think we need to look to Nikon for a FF mirrorless camera.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under.'
-Ronald Reagan

In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow