Started Jan 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike D
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
XPro1 Cams - PreProduction (CES) vs Production Models
Jan 17, 2012

Well, still really into this cam to add to my arsenal and following all the threads and participating in some, I have noticed a lot of people talking about how the camera is still just a preproduction model etc etc.

But with the release date geared towards the end of Feb/March timeframe, can there really be a huge difference between the CES preproduction models that people were talking about and the final production ones soon to be shipped out? I mean they have to take the time to package them all etc. And yeah, I'm sure it's all automated and super fast but loading updated firmware last minute on how many thousands of units would take a long time right?

Also, for a feature like peaking or zooming in with manual focussing, is that a hardware thing or simply a firmware / software thing?

Mike
--
View my photostream! http://www.flickr.com/photos/wuperruper/

Mike D's gear list:Mike D's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +6 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow