Started Jan 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lawrie Silverberg
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
Zeiss/Nikon Question
Jan 17, 2012

I was going to put this on the Zeiss 25 thread but didn't want to be accused of hijacking the thread. I have a question about Zeiss lenses. I am interested in Zeiss lenses but have no experience with them. This is an honest question and don't want to get into any wars. Right now I have a D90 but will get a new, higher ISO camera when the D400 comes out. Probably stick to APS-C

I've read a lot about the mystique of Zeiss lenses and am thinking about getting one, either the 21 or 25. I was going to get the 35 mm a while ago and talked to a lady whose sister is a pro photographer. She showed two pics to the sister, one taken with the Zeiss and another with the Nikon. The sister picked out the Zeiss but after a lot of head scratching and analysing. The thread on the new 25 is very positive. My question is to those familiar with the Zeiss 25 or 21 and Nikon 24. If shown two pics, could you pick out the Zeiss, assuming no post processing? Is it that good that it would stand out?
TIA,
Lawrie

Nikon D40 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow