Started Jan 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EJDarcy
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
A few snow picture questions...
Jan 16, 2012

I should have maybe asked these before I went out with my camera, but I only found the questions after I reviewed my pictures. With that said, I took pictures of my boys sledding. I have a T3i (kit lens 18-55), which I had in manual mode, but I had the ISO at auto. I'm assuming that was not smart? In looking back at the pics, the ISO was all over the place. It should have been at 100 and left alone, I'm guessing? (It was very sunny out).

Next question, I was aiming to get my boys sledding so, the DOF really wasn't that important. It didn't matter really because there really wasn't anything in front of or behind them. It was snow. I found that my best pictures were when I had my aperture set high, like to F16. I tried to shoot with it at like F8 (or thereabouts), but those pictures were over-exposed a bit. I did adjust my shutter speed, so they turned out "okay", but not perfect.

I also found that while my son was exposed properly, the snow/ground was over-exposed. Is that normal or common? Or a way around it?

Thank you in advance!

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow