M10 soon ?

Started Jan 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul20
Senior MemberPosts: 1,961Gear list
Like?
Re: M10 soon ?
In reply to bepicture, Jan 16, 2012

Had a chat with a Leica rep over the weekend about various things one of which was the M10. Whilst he could not confirm dates, his take was the M10 would be out within the next 12-18 months. He urged caution on expecting that an M10 would be significantly different to the M9. His take was that the M9 was pretty damn good as it is. He suggested we might see better ISO performance and screen resolution and maybe some additional MP but nothing that would radically alter the system.

I think this is the right approach. I personally hope that Leica concentrate their efforts on maximizing the IQ of the sensor, improving, if possible, dynamic range and maybe resolution. After that, small improvements such as battery life and weather sealing would be greatly appreciated. High ISO performance is not a big deal in my opinion. With fast lenses 2500 iso would be the highest I would ever need to go to, and that would be rare. Likewise features such as Live View and buffer speeds are superfluous to this system.

Regards,

Paul
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47134895@N05/

Paul20's gear list:Paul20's gear list
Leica M9 Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha 7R Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow