Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,219Gear list
Like?
Re: A beginner's GF3 questions
In reply to Mebpenguin, Jan 16, 2012

Mebpenguin wrote:

Do you find the lack of stabilization to be a problem very often? I've been targeting the panny 45-175 because it's stabilized for my gf3, but if you can get by without it maybe I can as well.

You have to figure when and where you are going to be using the lens. If you are primarily going to be using it outdoors in good light, you can manage fine without the IS. However, if you are going to be working in darker venues or want more lattitude to hand hold in a wider variety of conditions, the stabilized lens would be a better choice for you. If you tend to take photos using support (monopod, tripod, or resting the camera on a solid surface) you can do very well without IS also. On the other hand, if you are planning to use the lens primarily at the longest end, the OIS in the Panasonic lenses can compensate for lens motion as you are looking at the image on the screen, making it easier to get the shot.

The moral of the story is, both are good options; which one will work ok for you will depend on how you usually use the camera.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow