DP2 Vs Fuji X10 at ISO 100, HD

Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
solsang
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?
Re: DP2 Vs Fuji X10 at ISO 100, HD
In reply to Tom Schum, Jan 16, 2012

Thank you very much for making this comparison, it is absolutely relevant as a crucial issue for me is the price for getting a new camera; this is mostly underestimated or neglected in dpreview; the best camera is the one you can afford to buy!!

I own the dp2 and am planning to get the x10, so your posting is the best argument i have yet seen; i started serious photopgraphy with the legendary f31, thus the x10 seems like a very good continuation, and i think naturally of using 6mp yet honestly had not thought it could get anywhere close to the dp2

Since fuji cameras tend to fall in price after a few months, i will wait and thus also get the new firmware; i actually like pictures of street lamps and the sun behind trees, so i heed the warnings yet am mostly indifferent to fussing too much since it will in any case be much better than the red foveon patterns;)

Happy you make this work, and using a smallsensor i find it correct to compare the ooc jpg of x10 to the raw of dp2, that will be my preferred workstyle since i understand that the wb of x10 is pretty correct and especially skin colour natural

I had planned to use the semi-promised dp3, which realistically would have had a 28-84mm lens, so the x10 fills that long-avaited spot, which sigma sadly failed to manifest, and the x10 has so much more to love in actual shooting situations
--
Collected user advice for dp1 and dp2 (including s and x)

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARddveJWxIl_ZGZuN3Y0ZG1fMTA1ZmRyOHNkaHE&hl=en_GB )

solsang's gear list:solsang's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X20 Sigma SD15 Sigma 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC OS HSM Apple Aperture +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow