Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,618Gear list
Like?
Re: Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700
In reply to Nadia373, Jan 15, 2012

The old model 70-200 works just fine. It has a bit of vignetting that shows when you shoot at wider apertures. Easily corrected in post. Don't be scared off by what you have read.

If it was me I would start at ISO 3200. Or put the camera in Auto ISO with the top limit set to 3200 or 6400. That's just me. I would try shooting at 1/500s and I would shoot at f/4 as a start and take it from there.

Nadia373 wrote:

Thank you all for your help. My shutter speed was set on 1/30 and F stop at 7.1. Also, I had 51 auto points in dynamic. Honestly, I did not think of my shutter speed and setting my AV setting to 2.8 instead of 7.1. So what should my shutter speed be? I will do as suggested and go to other games to practice, now I understand why sport shooting is so hard; I will stick to posed pictures. Yes my lens is probably not for sports, I do have a 70-200 VR, the old model, not for full frame. I was told there is too much distortion.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow