Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
photoPhlow
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: More Low ISO photos
In reply to HAbba, Jan 15, 2012

HAbba wrote:

Hi,

I don't think its a high-ISO issue (noise). Here are some additional photos - not processed (full and crop). Look at the back ground behind the mans head and peacock head. I feel its strange (lines) - it does not happen all the time (maybe I am being subjective and particular).

Regards

Hassan

This particular photo shows the lines all going in one direction. This cannot be a standard "outlining" bokeh issue. This same problem was posted a number of months ago, and it turned out to be the filter. Lines are being created at the same angle, regardless of feature. It is clearly an optical defect of some kind.

Can IS cause it? Perhaps, though I've never seen it. I would consider the IS defective if it is the cause.

The tests you did with/without the filter didn't show the problem in any of the shots, so you can't really determine anything by those tests. My vote is still for the filter.

photoPhlow's gear list:photoPhlow's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow