Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700

Started Jan 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 10,574Gear list
Like?
Re: Total Focus Misses at Hockey Game with D700
In reply to Nadia373, Jan 15, 2012

Here is a description by Nikon about the different modes and when they should be used:

http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/microsite/d-technology/autofocus/02sensor/index.htm

In particular read the last paragraph. Lock-on should not necessarily be off.

Finally a word of caution: I'm sure you'll get some valuable tips. But one thing I've noticed with AF-C is that the settings work for one person are not necessarily the best for another, even if we shoot the same kind of events. One recommendation is that you experience with settings. Don't wait for the next critical sport event. AF-C (at least for me) has required a bit of practice. If you're in the same boat then consider practicing first (say by attending another hockey game where your nephew is not present. Try 9-points then 21 then 51. See if one work best for you and practice practice practice)
--
Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow