Photo LA 2012

Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
med007
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608
Like?
Re: Photo LA 2012
In reply to matthias jurisch, Jan 15, 2012

For sure,

Mathias, LA has a large crime rate and one needs a car for most places. Still, there are 13 million people within 11 miles of the center of LA and many areas are very safe indeed. I'd love to visit Berlin and see photography there, as it must blend the lost times of the Eastern block with ultramodern movements from the West. Just tell me that smoking in restaurants is banned and I'll be there photographing, LOL!

For me, so far, the Pinakothek museums, old and new in Munich have been my references for German art. I've never visited Berlin. Perhaps you can give me a short list of photographers we should know.

I have reviewed 2 photographers so far and will return today and monday to do more. I hope I can find some nice platinum prints. It's hard to cover everything, if I can find 6 or so as a sample, that will be an achievement.

Kind wishes

Asher

BTW, I can take one person with me to the show any time!

matthias jurisch wrote:

Hello Asher...of course LA and California is full of great cultural offerings, but the overcrowded freeways and the high crime rate is what made me decide to go back to my roots and that happens to be Berlin...this historical city also reeks of culture and compared to LA has a very small crime rate and the public trasportation system is non plus ultra...but I still love LA, Venice Beach and the beautiful Pacific Coastline...I am looking foreward to you posting photos and reporting from the Photo LA 2012.
greetings
Matthias

-- hide signature --

Creative Intent - Ideas, Process and Journey to the Photographic Masterpiece and Beyond

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow