CANON G2X Wish list

Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin Knapp
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
Re: CANON G2X Wish list
In reply to Grobb, Jan 14, 2012

I am going to mostly second tron555's wish list (I suspect I will be fine with the G1X's sensor as-is); it's very close to the Pro 2 that I wish Canon would make. I understand a faster longer lens will increase the size of the camera; I don't need it to be pocketable. I do want faster glass and weather sealing (I had to send a G7 to Canon for warranty service because it got dust in the lens; presumably weather sealing would help minimize this).

I've taken my G11 to family events, and it is simply not quick enough to get consistently good shots of my toddler nephew indoors. The glass is fine, but the focusing isn't - and from what I've read so far I suspect the G1X will have the same challenges. I guess I want the G2X/Pro 2 to have performance comparable to my 7D across the board, with "L" quality glass, albeit in a smaller package. I'd also like an electronic viewfinder comparable to the NEX-7, and I'd be willing to pay more than the G1X list price for this wish list...

-- hide signature --

Kevin Knapp, Colorado Springs
http://kevinknapp.smugmug.com/

Kevin Knapp's gear list:Kevin Knapp's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow