Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SLRPhotRookie
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Why Pentax dslr?
Jan 14, 2012

Back in 2006, my mind was made up. (Unlike now..it's kind a wishy washy...joke intended...). So, took a 1.5 hr trip to the nearest city, with grandiose dreams of getting either a Nikon or Canon dslr within my budget. Bear in mind I already owned a Pentax film camera, and a couple of lenses but at the time was unaware of the backwards capability afforded by staying within the brand.

Got there, walked in and proceeded to ask the salesman about any Nikon or Canon dslr that would 'fit my budget'. There was no hesitation on his part 'Pentax K100' he said, and then proceeded to explain the benefits (arguable perhaps), of the backwards compatibility. Having existing lense it sold me at the time, and currently, although the K100 has been replaced by a K10, I'm proud to say that I'm still a Pentaxian.

There you have it, a brief anecdote of my start with a Pentax dslr. What's your story? Why Pentax dslr?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow