GH2 + DMW-MA1 adaptor + Zuiko 9-18 and Zuiko 12-60?

Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Derek Bach
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Re: GH2 + DMW-MA1 adaptor + Zuiko 9-18 and Zuiko 12-60?YES
In reply to Joe Braun, Jan 14, 2012

Joe Braun wrote:

Derek--How would you compare the image quality between your old 43 9-18mm and the m43 9-18mm? I have the m43 version and the corners are soft to my taste. I'm interested in the old 43 version because it's supposedly sharper.

In ever day use I have not see a difference between them and, as I part-ex'd the 4/3 for the m4/3, I did not do A-B testing of them both on the same subject.

I did compare the Olympus m4/3 9-18 with the Panasonic m4/3 7-14 in my local photo shop and chose the Olympus for reasons of size (and price) Also I thought and still think that the range of 9 to 18 would be/is more useful to me. I have only used the m4/3 version on Panasonic m4/3 cameras GI, GF1 and now a GH2.

Certainly the image quality can influenced by the fact the Olympus do not provide for Chromatic aberration correction which can be high on all UWA zooms. Although you do not see it with Panasonic m4/3 lenses on Panasonic cameras. Its quite easy to correct in Photo-shop/LR/etc.

DPReview have tested both the M4/3 and the 4/3 Olympus lenses as they have the Panasonic 7-14. Below is the DPR graphed measurements of the two Olympus lenses using there side-by-side widget comparator but you should read the full reports on the three lenses.

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/widget/Fullscreen.ashx?reviews=81,45&fullscreen=true&av=4,4&fl=9,9&vis=VisualiserSharpnessMTF,VisualiserSharpnessMTF&stack=horizontal&lock=&config=/lensreviews/widget/LensReviewConfiguration.xml%3F4

What ever the reports my say and the test results may show, I still believe the Olympus m4/3 9-18 is a great little lens!
Derek

Derek Bach's gear list:Derek Bach's gear list
Ricoh GR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow