Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scatternobrains
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Why did nobody tell me M was so easy?
Jan 14, 2012

OMG the more I play with my camera the more I get excited.

I had the EOS 350 & 400D mainly for family photos but over the last year I seem to be sparking a passion for more. I usually shot in AV priority but had an understanding about aperture, speed and iso but never in a millions years did i think I could shoot manual.

My amazing hubby bought me a 7D for xmas and last night I had a play in M mode. Initially I couldn't change the aperture so grabbed the manual and found out about the the lock then I read something about checking the exposure level. I am going to sound really stupid but when I thought of manual mode I had just imagined having to try loads of shots to get one that had OK exposure and/or no blur using only trial and error; never in a million years did I think there would be a way of the camera telling you that you were on or very near to the correct exposure. Wow it actually works and I seem to totally understand the relationship between the three factors. I can predict what is going to happen to exposure if I change a setting and what else I need to change to counteract it and I can also control the exposure depending on what I want!!! I know the learning will never end but being able to take a photo with correct exposure is something I didn't think I would ever be able to do in manual quite so easy.

I will be watching the kids at rugby tomorrow and although my 70-200 f4 is lens has not yet been delivered I can't wait to get out there with moving subjects and put manual to the test and practice practice practice.

Kerry

Canon EOS 400D (EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS Kiss Digital X) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow