Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
xtranch
Regular MemberPosts: 344Gear list
Like?
my recent thoughts on printmaking
Jan 14, 2012

I have been making prints to sell for some time. I shoot with a Sony 850 and Canon 5d, mostly architecture and landscapes. the current printer is an Epson 3800. In the past I have printed mostly 11x17 matte, usually Moab entrada natural. I like the look of prints with this paper. I matte to 16x20 and sign the matte with a glaze pen, I like the raised shiny look when dried. lately I have been rethinking, after looking at soft proofing in the new beta LR 4 I am amazed at the improvement in detail and color gamut when printing on Ilford gallerie smooth pearl. the colors and detail are superior to the matte paper, which has a more porous surface, no surprise there. This is just a hobby for me but I do sell quite a few prints locally. I have tried online marketing but I think the only one making money there are the host of the website. One of my best sellers at local shows is a 5x7 print put on a 8x10 matte board with photo adhesive. it is easy to frame and inexpensive to make. I use shrink wrap on the large prints and envelopes for the small ones. you can see some of my work at ar.art.com/galleries/xt.

xtranch's gear list:xtranch's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM +5 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow