Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,258Gear list
Like?
Made the decision ...
Jan 14, 2012

A simple experiment today has convinced me to switch from Canon to the Olympus platform. I won't go into the details of how I arrived at this. Let's just say that the quality and edge-to-edge consistency of the Olympus 4/3 lenses surpasses that of Canon's Ls by a very noticeable margin, full frame or crop body ... end of story.

I'm a professional photographer (as some of you may already know) and shoot interiors (large homes) for a living, so here's the Olympus system I've decided on:

• E-5 or possibly E-3 (I like the colors off the E-3 but appreciate the sharpness of the E-5; this remains a tough decision; I assume both offer flash commander)
• FL-50 and three FL-36 flashes
• 14-54 f/2.8-3.5
• 9-18 f/4-5.6
• 25mm f/2.8

If you have any comments or suggestions, they are all welcome. I will end with this: I'm absolutely amazed at how crappy the Canon lenses can be compared to the Olympus lenses ... including the kit lenses .... and even more amazed at how many years I've been putting up with this, sending my Canons in for adjustment at least twice a year and having them come back not much better than when they were sent in. Even a local camera retailer ... all high end stuff ... was once honest enough to tell me that Olympus lenses generally beat the pants off the Canons, but I didn't listen. I'm now listening ....

-- hide signature --

SteveG

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ben,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow