Started Jan 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danallx
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
help! can't get OM lens and adapter to work nex5n
Jan 14, 2012

I have a Nex5n. I purchased an OM adapter from Rainbow for my Oly zuiko OM lenses. I have 3 such lenses (50mm,35mm, and 28mm). I can't get em to work. By not work i mean the camera gives me a message 'lens not recognized-please attach lens properly". I believe the adaptor is correct as it reads OM-NEX. I believe i am installing it correctly as i line the lens red dot up with the adaptor face red dot and rotate, then line up the adaptor red dot at base to the white dot on camera and turn and it all clicks into place. Alignment seems correct as the OM-NEX text on adaptor is facing up and is aligned with center of lens (red dot), yet the camera does not let me take photos, only gives me the message i stated earlier. I've tried all three lenses and also P,S and A modes with no luck. What am i missing or do i have a defective adaptor?
thank you!
--
Dan Schlender

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow