Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
correos
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Cheapo Rainbow Imaging lenses from Amazon
Jan 13, 2012

Hi there, I wanted a C mount adapter which goes for about 10 bucks on Amazon, but I found the following deal:

http://www.amazon.com/RainbowImaging-Adapter-camera-Panasonic-Olympus/dp/B004WIMB9E/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326485733&sr=8-3-fkmr3

Adapter+25mm CCTV lenses. I figured, for 25 extra bucks this will give me something to play with while I get a nice c mount lens.

Anyone got this package? I will report back, but my first impression is that it's not horribly flimsy, although it has a major problem: the outer adjustment is for aperture, and the focus is at the base of the lens, very close to the recessed space for the c mount adapter, so it's very awkward to focus.

Of course I don't have great expectations for this lens, I meant it as a toy lens, but this might be a deal breaker.
I will report back.

BTW, the guys at rainbow imaging sent me a pentax 110 adapter overnight, they were very efficient. The GF3+pentax 110 lenses is a very very nice combo!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow