Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoman157
Regular MemberPosts: 239
Like?
CD/DVD Writing Software for Mac
Jan 13, 2012

Could I get some recommendations, from users, of several good CD/DVD writer software programs for MACs? Then I can decide which to use.

I use the software that comes with my iMac and Mac BookPro and it suffices for small projects. Problem is when I need to create CDs or DVDs that will just about max out the capacity of the medium and the apple software does not give an indication of reaching the mediums limit. When i click on "burn" I'll get the message I've exceeded the capacity and need to remove files and never can tell when I reach an acceptable level till I again click on burn, and the process starts.

Or am I missing something in the program that does allow you to see the capacity level as you add files?

In my PC days I used Roxio and/or Nero. I've looked at Toast but don't need all the additional features that come with the program. I've never been a big lover of Nero because of all the problems "bugs" I had with it, didn't like the user interface; unless it's just a Windows thing.

I'm not opposed to paying or freeware type programs. Just needs to allow me to burn CDs and DVDs, and most importantly allow me to see when I'm reaching capacity. Thanks for any and all help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow