Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Haider
Contributing MemberPosts: 974
Like?
Four Thirds
Jan 13, 2012

I understand Oly is putting the majority of their efforts into m4/3rds at the moment. I put this down to them not shifting enough 4/3rds which must come down to a lot of their failed execution on developing 4/3rds. I thought they just started to get it right. I think for now they are concentraing on getting the four thirds glass and accessories working on the OM m4/3rds pro-body as such I don't see 4/3rds as dead end. Merely m4/3rds as an evolutionary step. I just hope this adaptation technology makes a showing on E-620 type model. I think there will be one in the OM-D line up. I'm quite excited by all this. If they can give me an OM-2n size body that can use my existing Oly lens and flash without significant compromises I'm happy. I'm not bothered whether they called it OM-D, Nano Evolt and m4/3. I just want to have a path for stuff I have bought to be able to be used. I think Olympus understand that and have been frantically working behind the scenes on try to get that to fruition.

I'm happy with my E-520 14-53, kit telephoto, FL36R, IR shutter release and tripod. Rather than a upgrade body I would rather buy a lens 11-22mm. I was hoping Oly would knock out a 35mm f1.4 for shallow DOF/low light prime but they may force me to get a new body in the e-x20 type in the OM-D lineup...

Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+ 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow