Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,033Gear list
Like?
Fuji person interview
Jan 13, 2012

Interview with Kayce M. Baker ( KB ), Director of Marketing in the Electronic Imaging Division of Fujifilm North America Corp.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/01/12/imaging-resource-interview-kayce-baker-fujifilm

Not sure how authoritative she is on the technical side, but two things stood out for me:

1. On Orbs:

" KB : I don't actively shoot into, like, that, (looks up at the bright overhead lights) because ow, that hurts right now. I've got orbs just looking at that. But I did hear about it. I saw it on dpreview. I saw it on a couple places. Yeah, that's part of the sensor. It's part of the way it's built. To have any answers about whether or not it's being fixed --

AE: So that's going to be a mechanical thing rather than a potential firmware kind of fix?

KB : Absolutely, yeah. And the reality is that it has been brought up and they are looking into it to see what could be done."

2. On the organic sensor:

"DE: There's been a fair bit of buzz about organic sensor technology. There's a Fuji patent that people discovered. What's up with that?

KB : So funny.

DE: That's not in this camera, obviously.

KB : The organic sensor has nothing to do with our imaging technology. It has to do more with the industrial side of our business.

DE: Oh, really? Okay.

KB : Yes. So we do have a lot of R&D that goes on in the industrial side and that's where those patents were initiated.

DE: Are these like industrial vision systems or are they X-ray imaging or --?

KB : I don't know the specifics of where we are with that. I do know that it is R&D in the industrial side. And whether or not someplace in the distant future it ends up somewhere here, then great."

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow