ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Moma Howard
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Brand new t2i...question
Jan 13, 2012

Hey all!

I have had a Nikon D3000 and a D50, and almost got the D7000 from Wolf Camera.com but it ended up being a HUGE hassle to get the camera.

SO, I cancelled the order and ordered a T2i bundle with kit lens and 55-250mm lens and bag for $949.

Okay, I'm not by any means a "pro" but I'm not too unfamilar with DSLR photography.

I have been shooting a few basketball games in manual mode. I have a LOT of noise in my pictures and I've noticed that when I am shooting in manual mode, if my flash isn't out, I can set the shutter to whatever speed I need.

But, when the flash pops up, I am limited to 1/200???

What am I doing wrong? I turn the dial to increase the shutter speed, and 1/200 is the best it will give me.

Yet, when the photos are taken, for the most part, unless I moved, the "motion" is clearer than my Nikons ever were, set on 1/400 to 1/500.

Here's a sample picture and I'm just curious what I'm doing wrong. Of course I know I need faster glass...but gotta sell all my Nikon stuff if I like this T2i enough to keep it to buy at least a 2.8 lens.

Thanks!

Kristi

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Nikon D3000 Nikon D50 Nikon D7000 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow