Started Jan 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeeStar
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
Challenge: My favorite things
Jan 13, 2012

This is the official thread for any questions or comments about the upcoming challenge: My Favorite Things (as in the Rodgers & Hammerstein song from the Sound of Music). All will be answered asap. I can also be contacted via PM and the comment section of the challenge itself. It's pretty simple: Just choose a 'favorite thing' from the song and take a photo of it. I have provided a list of them in the challenge itself, but here it is again:

Raindrops on roses
Whiskers (on kittens)
Bright copper kettles
Warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream colored ponies
Crisp apple streudels
Doorbells
Sleigh bells
Schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

About your new host: This is my first challenge. I have been a member here for 5 months. I've entered 60 challenges and voted 7280 times as of this post. I read this challenge forum regularly, so I have a good idea of the issues, problems, challenges (pardon the pun) of the challenge system here on DPR. I decided to host for a few reasons. 1. I was getting tired of the challenges available and that whole process, and I think I can learn more at this point from the hosting process. 2. I got this great idea for a challenge and couldn't resist. I will contact members if I need to DQ any entries, with the reason for it. If there's been some error, I will gladly reinstate.

Well, if there's anything I've left out, let me know.

Lee

-- hide signature --

"Above all, we are coming to understand that the arts incarnate the creativity of a free people. When the creative impulse cannot flourish, when it cannot freely select its methods and objects, when it is deprived of spontaneity, then society severs the root of art."
— John F. Kennedy

LeeStar's gear list:LeeStar's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C300 Kodak EasyShare Z650 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow