Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ci-lee
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: I asked Fuji about orbs at CES
In reply to David Clarke29, Jan 12, 2012
-- hide signature --

ci-lee

That's the most sensible comment I have read so far and although there probably aren't enough owners in the UK to form a critical mass for class action it would certainly be a worthwhile consideration in the U.S. I myself find the X10 more than enough for my type of photography but for those OWNERS not satisfied, they have a just point, which your suggestions would satisfy. If successful in the U.S. I've no doubt that it would be very quickly picked up by the consumer groups and organisations over here.

Dave. (UK)

Thanks Dave,

Being that this is my first experience w/Fuji (been on the Canon bandwagon since film days), I am them the benefit of the doubt that they'll make good with a firmware update. Like you, I'm not finding the problem a deal breaker to unload the camera, but I do believe that a company must stand behind their product.

While I feel American society (generalization here) is littered with ambulance chasers and stupid lawsuits over spilled hot coffee, I do feel, on a fundamental level that we do a good job of protecting consumer rights...often abused by those very same consumers but nothing is perfect right? If Fuji does nothing, I would certainly like to gauge the potential interest for taking action (maybe ask the DPR, mirrorlessrumors, etc. to run a poll) on principle alone.

For now, all us X10 owners and loyalists alike should give Fuji time to develop the update. I was hoping it would be out by now but I can understand the process taking time. Now its time for me to hit the streets of DC and take some night shots...@ ISO3200 if I'm by a light source ;P
--
ci-lee

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Re:New
Re:New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow