Why I decided to get 5DII now rather than wait for a 5DIII

Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wish1510
Regular MemberPosts: 358
Like?
Why I decided to get 5DII now rather than wait for a 5DIII
Jan 12, 2012

Well, I decided to go ahead and buy the 5DII now, while I still have time to return it. Here is the reason for me to to jump on the 5DII bandwagon now rather than wait for a 5DIII. Please let me know what you think.

5DII is almost below $2k: I paid $1999 with some extra accessories. I am an aspiring film maker so my main use for this camera is Video and Portraits of my wife and 5 month old son. If I wait for 5DIII my son is going to miss out the full frame portraits till its available. Even when 5DIII is available I am going to have to pay an extra 1k for it over 5DII. Then comes the next question, since I am into Video I probably would want to really get the EOS cinema dslr if its reasonably priced.

There is no way I would get 5DIII and EOS Cinema (too much money). On the other hand if I get 5DII now, I can use it till EOS Cinema is available. If Cinema is priced in my range and is full frame, I could sell my 5DII and get that one. If EOS Cinema is priced in my range and is not Full frame, I could keep 5DII and EOS Cinema so I got a great FF camera and a great Movie camera. Either case I would be skipping 5DIII. So its probably better for me to go to 5DII if I want full frame.

-- hide signature --

  • Vishnu

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow