Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marty4650
Forum ProPosts: 10,045Gear list
Like?
"One Beautiful System" is finally here
Jan 12, 2012

For those of you who have fully embraced the M4/3 format, then the two mockups of high grade lenses Panasonic is showing at the CES should be really exciting news.

It sure looks to me like Panasonic and Olympus are working hard to completely recreate the 4/3 lens catalog in M4/3. And since these lenses are both made by Panasonic, it tells me that Panasonic is planning their own version of a "Pen Pro Camera."

This is great news for M4/3 users, but it pretty much leaves us diehard 4/3 users out in the cold. It is a sure sign that there will be no more 4/3 cameras or lenses made. If we ever see an Olympus E7, then it will likely be something with a M4/3 lens mount, or just a further tweak of the E3.

For certain, many of us have added M4/3 cameras, and some have switched completely to them, but there are still a few of us left who prefer larger DSLRs with real optical viewfinders. And for us, there may be no Olympus alternative soon.

We may have to switch to some other brand. At least, if we want a camera with a newer sensor or with some more current features similar to what other DSLRs have.

MILC cameras are great, and M4/3 is probably the best and most complete MILC system available today, but they are not for everyone.

Here is a chart comparing the 4/3 lenses with their M4/3 counterparts.

http://marty4650.blogspot.com/2012/01/two-more-interesting-m43-lenses.html

I suppose the "one beautiful system" is here, but... it isn't some sort of combination of 4/3 and M4/3. It is 4/3 "reinvented" with a different lens mount and without an optical viewfinder.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Olympus E-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow