Advise on Europe trip. Am I paranoid?

Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,250Gear list
Like?
Re: Advise on Europe trip. Am I paranoid?
In reply to M Lammerse, Jan 12, 2012

M Lammerse wrote:

Privately, I never take any backup lens or camera with me, for work I always do.

There is a lot of what we call 'small' crimes (especially in my country Netherlands) that means stealing/theft/pickpocketing) if you will become a tourist victim to it is a small chance in relation to your camera gear. Wallet (money) phone, other more easier to sell things are much more popular to take from you.

Keep your common sense awake, especially in public transport and all will be fine.

Michel

Agreed. In the netherlands, I would only really be worried at the train stations.

skxogus wrote:

I have finally bit the bullet the purchased a used d700 with a 24-70/2.8. I absolutely love the quality of both. My question is, do you guys take a backup lens in the case of a worst case scenario? I've been reading of all the pick pockets and camera failures that always happens on trips and was wondering if I should just grab a 50/1.8g as a cheap but excellent backup lens.

Am I just being paranoid and not "believing" in nikons 24-70? Thanks

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow