DSLR are a dying breed?

Started Jan 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,182Gear list
Like?
Re: DSLR are a dying breed?
In reply to CharlieDIY, Jan 12, 2012

CharlieDIY wrote:

Correct. When the P&S crowd can show me their shots like the below, taken with an APS-C camera, then I'll agree that DSLRs are dying. Until then, it's just futuristic blather. This shot might well have been better with a full frame DSLR, too, but worked out OK.

I think the this thread asks the wrong question, it should have said 'is the audience for DSLRs diminishing'. There will always be a place for the top of the range in cameras just the same as there is for cars or anything else. Its just that every home doesn't need a formula 1 racing car to get from point A to point B.

We have had a distortion for some time where everyone thinks they need a FF to take a decent picture, hopefully that is now being addressed with a range of smaller options which will mean we may have passed the peak in DSLR buying, which will fall back to only those that really need one, instead of every tourist having a brick hanging around their neck set to AUTO.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow