Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Noreen CT
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
Update to indoor swimming photos
Jan 12, 2012

Thank you to everyone who offered helpful suggestions. I have decided to try following the suggestions before investing in new equipment as I am comfortable with the feel of my current camera and still have much more to learn from it.

Today I tried setting the shutter speed higher while also locking in the ISO at 3200, leaving the camera to choose the aperture. I don't think I was any more successful than when I was selecting ISO and aperture last week. I was also trying to avoid going all the way out to a 105 focal length so that I could figure out if I could use an 85mm lens. These photos were taken with the 18-105 D90 kit lens.

I wanted to try lowering the ISO to see how that would affect the shots, but could not unlock the ISO. (Off to read the manual before Friday's meet....)

The red on the water is the reflection of the electronic timing board high up on the wall behind the swimmers.

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow