James Bligh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,372
Like?
Re: a peculiar fixation of a strange mind
In reply to bobn2, Jan 12, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

James Bligh wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

and yet you reserve to yourself the right to say what is right and wrong and say that people who disagree with you have a 'peculiar fixation of a strange mind'

I do not recall I have said what was right or wrong. I find you often did.

'All the evidence suggest, ceteris paribus, high pixel density same format sensors are noisier compared with low pixel density sensors'
That's not saying what is right or wrong?

Right or wrong may be a little different from true or false.

my son who is an electrical/electronic engineering major may understand it better than I, but I may say I grasped the meaning somehow.

May you? How did you assess your grasping of meaning?

What I said was I grasped broad context of the writing. Assessment? Maybe next time.

You said you grasped the 'meaning', not the 'broad context of the writing'. back off'one more step, and you'll need to fess up that you didn't understand it at all.

Don't play with words. For confession I will need a service from a Father not from you.

for example comparing 100% images is wrong. If you downsize a high MP image what good is high MP?

Just perhaps it produces a better picture. What is the purpose of good lenses if not to make larger pictures? Shall we compare the resolution given by consumer lenses on A4 size images with pro grade lenses on A3 size images and declare the consumer lenses sharper?

Yes, if the pro grade lenses are mounted on higher pixel density sensor camera. I will compare 100% images but if you prefer to compare A3 with A4 so be it.

You didn't grasp the content of the question, did you? Since a good lens produces more resolution, by your standards should you not always be comparing it bigger than a poor lens. If not, why not?

Think the meaning of ceteris paribus. When you compare you'd better make other variables constants and leave one variable only for a matter of convenience.

You may become a Sagan. Of course if you wish to.

I would be extremely honoured if anyone ever put me in the same league as Sagan. It won't happen.

I knew it would be so but to find out you know your limitations is a revelation.

Only from the point of view of your lack of self awareness. Someone can be confident in what they do know without believing that they know everything.

Do you think you are infallible?

P.S.: Charles Darwin had remarkable intuition although he didn't understand genetics and didn't even know the presence of DNA.

It just shows how little you understand. Einstein's work was not based on 'intuition' (even though he might have had it) - it was based on meticulous experiment and scientific analysis. And while Darwin himself wasn't much of a mathematician, he knew when he needed it and he turned to those who could provide it and understood the limitations he had to work with. It's a bit disingenuous to suggest that any old ignoramus is comparable with Darwin. Darwin wasn't an ignoramus, he was a genius. Or to put it more bluntly. Darwin's work was a model of scientific investigation and challenging prejudice and he was right. Your approach is no investigation and following prejudice, and you are wrong.

Speech should be spoken on a podium. However eloquent your speech may be it will not move people's mind because you are arrogant, judgmental and insult people. You lack common sense. What do you think you are?

Your assessment of me, given the quality of your assessment of everything else, does not bother me at all. As for being 'arrogant', 'judgemental' and 'insulting', this little nugget in our exchange did not come from me.

I will not jump to a conclusion about the state of your mind but it seems that clearly something strange is going on with your mind.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=40282940

Manages to be 'arrogant', 'judgemental' and 'insulting' all in one go, does it not?

Remove the beam in your own eye.

I do not think you are a believer. Don't commit sacrilege. What do you think you are?

-- hide signature --

Decision, decision, we are the slaves of decisions we made inadvertently.

May God forgive us our imperfections!

Dust to dust, what on earth are we entitled to claim?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D800New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow