Started Jan 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 595
Like?
A beginner's GF3 questions
Jan 12, 2012

So I've recently powered up the shiny new GF3 with the 14mm lens. It is going to be my pocketable alternative to the DSLR rig (when I don't want to carry 10 lbs of backpack and support equipment). So far in that respect it is working charmingly. :).

I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to. Yes I've read the manual but that doesn't mean I couldn't have missed it. If I shoot an image in pure RAW mode, is there a way to "develop" it into a JPEG in camera after the fact? My other camera has that feature and I think it could be useful.

The other question relates to MEGA QUANTUM UBER SUPER OIS. Reading through the forums here, it seems that OIS is not completely loved. My 14mm doesn't have it and honestly I rarely use VR on the Nikon either but I'd like to have the functionality. Are the problems with this pretty much limited to the new 14-42 X lens (the one I want) or is it lens world wide.

And of course, if anyone has any other starter tips to m43 land those are welcome! So far I'm very happy and very impressed with this little guy. It's not the GX1 but it fills its role pretty well for me.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow