G1X: Professional and Serious Photographers

Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
MicekyVee
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: G1X: Professional and Serious Photographers
In reply to Muguet71, Jan 11, 2012

I've been following the hunderds of comments across the various G1X threads and here are my thoughts..

I've been using 35mm sincle the mid 70's and went through the D100, 10D through 7D range (skipping the 60D). I just don't get the 4:3 format. Maybe I'm stuck on 2:3 fromat. Would have loved to see the G1X in the 2:3 format. (I'm also a G series guy currently using a G12 along with my 7D)

Agree with most people that a 24 at the wide end would be perfect. Would give up 20mm on the long end and can even live with the aperature range.

Seems like a perfect camera for travelling when I don't want to lug my 7D. Went on a Carribean cruise last year only with the G12 and the only disappointments were the night shots. the G1X has the potential to substitue for my 7D/15-85 combo.

Lastly, this must be just me. Love the lines on the G12 but the G1X reminds me of the reliant/K-car.. what's up with the boxy look.

I'll hold out for reviews and then take it for a test drive when it's avaiable and then decide.

MicekyVee's gear list:MicekyVee's gear list
G1 X II Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow