Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 904Gear list
Like?
X100 with X Pro1 sensor?
Jan 11, 2012

Perhaps an "X200" down the road? The X100 sensor is the same size as that in the X Pro1. Why not put it in the next generation X100, along with the improved buttons and dials?

I love my X100. However, when I want an interchangeable lens camera, I go to my 7D with my various primes and zooms. There is a point, at least for me, where if I am going to commit to the bulk of a camera and the baggage of assorted lenses, well I am going to want a SLR to see through the lens, along with all of the other goodies in my Canon kit.

While I think the X Pro 1 is incredibly sexy, etc. the X100 fills the niche for me. I had a Panasonic L1 when it first came out, so I know something about what works — at least for me. (bought a bunch of Zeiss primes and adapters, etc. Just too bulky.)

That said, if there was no X100, I would be first in line for theX Pro1!

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +9 more
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow