Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Muguet71
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
G1X: Professional and Serious Photographers
Jan 11, 2012

Canon Powershot G1X is a camera created for “professional” and “serious” photographers. That is what Canon says. A professional photographer is someone who earns his/her income 100% from photography. A serious photographer is someone who has a different professional career but who is also an advanced photographer, practising photography as a fine art, participating to photography contests and exhibitions, winning awards. In other words, G1X is supposed to be a camera for photographers who seriously exhibit, market and sell their works.

How many of us on this forum are professional or serious photographers? I am not and I think the majority of the participants practice photography just as a hobby, like me. However, I will buy G1X because I like to take photos and have enough income to afford the price of this camera. And most of the buyers of G1X will certainly be people like me.

So, no doubt that G1X will be a commercial success for Canon. But if Canon manages to reach the true target market (=professional and serious photographers doing serious work), if this target consumers tend to use G1X from time to time instead of their DSLRs and lenses for serious work, then this will be a great success.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow